Challenging Level 1
Submitting an English application form will result in the English version of the exam being sent for you to write.
Submitting a French application form will result in the French version of the exam being sent for you to write.
click here for Candidates Guide to Level 1 MCQ – ENGLISH
click here for Candidates Guide to Level 1 MCQ – FRENCH
After reading over the document, if you have further questions regarding challenging the Level 1 Exam, you may contact Kaely MacMillan by email at email@example.com.
Level II-III Exams
Re-writing these exams after taking a course and being unsuccessful with the exam or having to make up a missed exam can be done via correspondence, similar to the procedure for challenging the Level 1 Exam.
To download information and an application form to re-write or make-up a Level II-III exam click here.
Advanced Practical Examination (APE) 2018
Applications for the 2018 Advanced Examination will be accepted from June 15th until July 31, 2018. You will also need to upload a copy of your Level 5 certificate at the time of application.
Deadline for mentorship hours and Mentor/Mentee Form of an Actual Patient is August 31, 2018. If the candidate does not submit hours by the deadline, they will be placed on the waiting list.
The Multiple Choice and Case History Exam will be on September 15th, 2018. All efforts are made to find a testing site close to each applicant.
Practical Exam will be held in two sites, one in the east and one in the west:
- East – October 27-28, 2018
(A second East date will be added November 17-18, 2018 if needed. Please keep both dates available)
- West – November 3-4, 2018
Please contact Kate Gladney at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Clarification of Mentorship Requirements
During this transitional period there has been a lot of confusion regarding who is required to complete the mentorship hours. Please read below to determine whether you will need to complete the mentorship hours prior to registering for the Intermediate or Advanced Exams.
Intermediate Exam Requirements:
You must complete the 90 Mentorship hours prior to registering for the Intermediate Exam if one of the following scenarios applies to you:
- You registered to complete one or all components of the Intermediate Exam prior to 2005 and did not attend the Exam.
- You registered for one or more components of the Intermediate Exam prior to 2005 and failed all of the components for which you registered. Failure to successfully complete one or more components of the Intermediate exam prior to 2005 does not constitute successful entry into the “old system”.
- Example 1: An individual who registered for only the case study component in 2005 and failed will be required to complete the 90 hours prior to registering for the Intermediate Exam in the future.
You will be exempt from the 90 mentorship hours only if you successfully completed at least one component of the Intermediate Exam prior to 2005 but still have to complete the remaining component(s).
- Example 2: An individual who registered for the case and the written components in 2005 and failed the case only, would be exempt from the 90 hours.
Advanced Exam Requirements
You must complete the 60 Mentorship hours prior to registering for the Advanced Exam if you have not yet attempted the Advanced Exam.
You will be exempt from the 60 mentorship hours only if you attempted the Advanced Exams prior to 2005 and were unsuccessful.