Across Canada, numerous local sections, affiliated organizations, and related groups all work to promote the advancement of physiotherapy. The Orthopaedic Division frequently conducts joint events, such as the Orthopaedic National Symposium with CAMPT, and other programs with these groups to provide members with new opportunities for professional advancement. Click through the links below to visit these related organizations.
Local Sections of the Orthopaedic Division
The Orthopaedic Division has local sections that represent orthopaedic physiotherapists in all provinces across Canada. Click below to view the section nearest you.
- Ontario Section of the Orthopaedic Division
- London Unit of the Orthopaedic Division
- National Capital Unit of the Orthopaedic Division
- B.C. Section of the Orthopaedic Division
- New Brunswick Orthopaedic Section
- Association québécoise de physiothérapie manuelle orthopédique.
- Nova Scotia Orthopaedic Section
- Saskatchewan – Email
- Manitoba – Email
Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA): The Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) represents over 14,000 physiotherapists, physiotherapist assistants and physiotherapist students across Canada. CPA members are rehabilitation professionals dedicated to the health, mobility and fitness of Canadians.
Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapy (CAMPT): The Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physiotherapy (CAMPT) is a professional organization of physiotherapists who have completed post-graduate training in hands on therapy treatment techniques that meet the International Federation of Manipulative Physical Therapy (IFOMPT) standards.
The International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT): The International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT) represents groups of Manipulative Physical Therapists around the world who have completed stringent post-registration/post-graduation specialisation programs in the field of neuro-musculoskeletal disorders.
The CPA has a number of provincial associations. You can find more information about the one nearest you by clicking the links below.
- Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC)
- Physiotherapy Alberta
- Saskatchewan Physiotherapy Association
- Manitoba Physiotherapy Association
- Ontario Physiotherapy Association (OPA)
- Association québécoise de la physiothérapie (AQP)
- New Brunswick Physiotherapy Association
- Nova Scotia Physiotherapy Association
- Prince Edward Island Physiotherapy Association
- Newfoundland/Labrador Physiotherapy Association
- Physiotherapy Association of Yukon
- Northwest Territories/Nunavut
Other Related Sites
These related organizations are also committed to advancing the field of physiotherapy in Canada. Each specialize in a related area of interest. Click the links below for more.