Senior Administrative Manager
Jennifer has worked for the Orthopaedic Division in an administrative capacity since 2001. Her role liaises with and provides support for the National Executive, the Education Committee and the Orthopaedic Division members.
Jennifer also works closely with the CPA in order to ensure the Division’s day to day financials are processed and interpreted according to policy and guidelines as well as organizing financial information in a clear and transparent format for the National Executive’s review.
Her role also includes Coordination of the Written and Case History component of the Advanced Examination as well as coordination of all of the Level MCQ exams in the Orthopaedic Division Education system.
The Orthopaedic Division has over 4500 members and being able to answer questions on a variety of subjects for our members is an important and satisfying piece of her role.
Jennifer lives in Victoria BC with her husband and has three daughters, two pups and two grandsons, and can be found doing yoga or adding splashes of colour to her garden to relax and unwind.
Colleen comes to the Orthopaedic Division with a background in Events & Office Management. As the Operations Manager she will be continuing to put her organizational and multitasking skills to good use by assisting the National Executive and other committees with a multitude of projects and tasks. Colleen prides herself on being accessible and efficient and is very much looking forward to working with such a dedicated group of professionals.
In her spare time, you can find Colleen enjoying time with her husband and son.
Knowledge Translation Manager
Graduated from Queen’s University in 1979 with a Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy and completed a Masters of Clinical Science in Manipulation (MCLSc) from Western University in 2008.
She has an Advanced Diploma in Manual/Manipulative Therapy (FCAMPT) and has taught, mentored, and examined students in the Orthopedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) Manual therapy courses for the last 22 years.
- Has been an examiner for the National Orthopaedic Division since 2004 and appointed Chief Examiner in 2011
- Recipient of the CPA Mentorship Award 2009
- Adjunct professor Western University MClSc (manipulation)
- Member of the International Federation of Manipulative Physical Therapy (IFOMPT) Standards Committee since 2012
- She has spoken nationally and internationally on clinical reasoning and manipulative therapy
- Her research integrates clinical decision making and lumbar spine manipulation
- Owner and clinician of Physiofirst Orthopaedic and Sports Centre in Ottawa